Sunday, November 29, 2009

Updates after 10 days

My first customers (who bought an apple juice), Eric and Robyn, are back! They stayed for 3 nights in my twin room!

I think for the first 10 days, although business is slow, things have been moving on. Maybe it is because it is the peak season and so at least I will have customers everyday. However, I still do not have any reviews on the online platforms and it is tough as when people book through the different platforms, they actually read the reviews. When there are no reviews, there are not many bookings!

This leads to my customers being mostly referrals. I just got a referral from Takehito Matsumura. Thanks Take!

In the past 10 days, I have met very interesting people and a few of them are doing their round-the-world trip:

Matt and Leah (British couple) are the first guests to stay in my twin room! They are such sweet guests! Always so polite and considerate. Even when Leah wanted to exchange books in my little books exchange corner, she will bring to the counter to show me which book she want to exchange her book with! Before they left, they gave me their umbrellas for the hostel! So sweet!!!!

Laurent is a referral from Hauke (Timo's friend who is my first guest). A Belgium guy who is doing a 16 months round the world trip. He takes amazing photographs and very interesting videos! If you guys are interested, you can go to his website at http://voirlemonde.eu/. However, his website is in french, so you guys can go to http://www.translate.google.com/ and key in this website. The whole page will transform to the language of your choice! So amazing right? Laurent introduced me to this as well.

Bernard, an Australian man who take 3-6 months off every 2 years to travel. What he does is he accumulates his annual leave and take it at one go every 2 years!

Infas, a Sri Lankan guy who studied and worked in London. He stayed for 5 nights and I think he is one of my longest staying guest! We became such good friends that he will go with me to Mustafa Centre in the afternoon to have lunch and to buy things for the hostel! Thanks dude!

That is all about my guests for the past 10 days..............again again again.

No comments:

Post a Comment